Time to Think About Getting Back on the Road
A Government announcement is expected imminently to outline the initial process of easing out of lockdown.
So, while we wait for the details, it would be worth getting ready!
There’s every chance that your car hasn’t moved off the drive for weeks – or at least very rarely. This is a stark difference to its normal usage, so you need to give it a little bit of TLC to get ready for action.
So here are top tips to get your car ready to hit the road again:
- Start your car – with it having been sat unused for so long your battery might need a kickstart. Start the engine and hopefully you won’t be greeted with a flat battery
- Give your car a good wash – having been sat still for a while, your car will have collected its fair share of dirt and bird mess so give your car, including your wheels, a good wash down and get it looking as good as new
- Make sure your tyres are pumped up – tyres can lose pressure if kept still so just keep your eye on them. If they have gone down a little bit, when safe and necessary, visit your local petrol station where you can pump them up within the social distancing guidelines
- Check your oil and washer fluid levels – check you have the right levels of fluid in both
- Fuel – it might be a while since you last filled up with fuel do don’t forget to check you have enough for your first journey. Petrol stations are open – please follow the safety precautions while there including the use of gloves and socially distancing
- MOT, servicing and insurance – the Government made allowances for cars and MOTs during lockdown so now’s the time to check where you are up to and what you need to get booked in with your local garage. Before you set off for any journey – no matter how short or long – make sure that you have all the required documentation and that it’s up to date
Once you have done all this and we get the green light from Government – you and your car will be ready to hit the roads once more.
If however, you decide you want to change your car, for whatever reason, you might think that they’ll be no rush as they’ll be loads of cars available now, but actually the opposite is true.
Car dealerships have already been given the green light to start selling cars again - online only at this point – and also delivering them within strict social distancing guidelines. This has led to a significant increase in demand already.
Due to staff being placed on furlough to help limit the potential spread of Coronavirus, there’s been extremely limited production of cars across the sector. So, while the manufactures get back up to speed and deal with the initial backlog of car orders to fulfil – future car orders will be mounting up.
So, LeasingOptions advice is simple – if you are thinking about getting a new car after the lockdown for whatever reason – start looking and planning now.
Deals are there to be had now – so take advantage of them while you have the time to invest in this new and exciting decision.
Remember – our team are available - as usual - via the following ways:
Call us on 0161 826 9716 / 0161 703 8744
Email us on [email protected]
Our operating hours are: