Getting To Know The Ford Fiesta19 January 2021
We've picked out ten pieces of information to help you get to know a little bit more about one of our most searched cars the Ford Fiesta.
1. Before being named the Fiesta, its working title was 'Bobcat'.
2. Black is the most popular colour (17%), then silver (15%) and blue (13%).
3. One is made every 86 second.
4. It would take 80 modern-day Fiestas to produce the same emissions as one 1976 model.
5. The 1992 1.6-litre Fiesta RS had a power output 130bhp today's 1-litre offers 140Bhp.
6. Ford has sold 4,339,149 Fiestas in the UK since the model debuted in 1976.
7. 153,000 Fiestas were sold in Britain in 1987 – the best sales year for the model.
8. A driver's airbag was first introduced to the Fiesta in 1993.
9. A new 138bhp 1.0-lire EcoBoost engine was launched in 2014, with more power per litre than a Bugatti Veyron.
10. The XR2 was also the first 100mph Fiesta.