Getting To Know The Volkswagen Polo19 January 2021
We've picked out ten pieces of information to help you get to know a little bit more about one of our most searched cars the Volkswagen Polo.
1. Polo is named after a wind not the sport "Polar Wind" in German.
2. Has been in continuous production since 1975.
3. Won the WRC Drivers Championship 4 years running 2013-2016.
4. The MK1 Polo was a rebadged Audi 50, which stopped production in 1978 after 4 years, the Polo continued ever since.
5. The MK3 Polo (Between 1996 and 1998) was available in Harlekin paint featuring multi-coloured body panel.
6. Named 'World Car of the Year' in 2010.
7. The current VW Polo is available in 14 exterior colour and 17 different dashboard colours.
8. A Polo GTI was offered outside Germany in 1999, previous sporty models were the GT and G40.
9. VW has sold 14 Million Polos worldwide.
10. The current Polo is a similar size as MK4 Golf.