Getting To Know The Vauxhall Corsa12 January 2021
We've picked out ten pieces of information to help you get to know a little bit more about one of our most searched cars the Vauxhall Corsa
1. Vauxhall has sold two million Corsa’s in the UK and 9.86million globally.
2. Corsa means 'race' in Italian
3. The Vauxhall Corsa and the Lotus Elise share parts... Wiper and Indicator Stalks
4. The first generation Corsa was called the Nova in the UK, Vauxhall felt some resistance to the Corsa name, thinking it sounded like "coarser" the second generation and UK first generation was unified being called a Corsa worldwide.
5. The most popular colour Corsa is grey, with 45,050 grey Corsa’s currently on British roads.
6. The first all-electric Corsa was introduced in 2019.
7. There is a hidden shark on the 2004 Vauxhall Corsa’s glove box, the design easter egg adds lateral support for the glove box.
8. Vauxhall has sold over 20,000 Corsa to UK police forces.
9. The fifth generation Corsa weighs 108kg less than its predecessor. Weight loss comes from new high-strength steel bodywork, lightweight interior materials and all-aluminium engines.
10. The new Corsa is the first Vauxhall produced under ownership of PSA Group.